for Residents / Fellows
The Southern Psychiatric Association offers an annual award for a manuscript concerning basic or clinical research, or a scholarly review of literature, on a topic pertinent to psychiatry. The manuscript must be submitted by a resident in the United States.
Psychiatric Residents or Fellows are eligible to submit papers if they have not completed their residency or fellowship by June 30, 2015, and are enrolled in an approved graduate medical education program in United States.
AWARD WINNER RECEIVES
- $500 Honorarium if present at Annual Meeting
- Invitation to Present Winning Paper at SPA’s 2015 Annual Meeting
- Travel expenses up to $1000 to SPA’s Annual Meeting, September 30-October 4, 2015, at the Read Hotel, Chattanooga, TN
- Recognition for Award Winner’s Training Program
- Assistance in Submitting Paper for Publication in an appropriate medical journal if needed
WHAT TO SUBMIT
Applicants should submit an original and five (5) copies of the completed manuscript. Manuscripts must be typewritten, double-spaced, and include enough information that indicates that a 30- to 45-minute presentation could be derived from the manuscript.
Strong consideration will be given to the timeliness of the topic, applicability to a general psychiatric audience, and originality of the paper. All submissions must be original, not previously published. (The Association may not offer the award if there are no submissions of suitable quality.)
The final deadline for submission of manuscripts is May 2, 2015, but applicants are encouraged to submit manuscripts as early as possible for consideration by the committee.
SEND SUBMISSIONS TO
Southern Psychiatric Association
Submission Deadline: May 2, 2015
2015 Resident Award Committee Members
Shilpa Srinivasan, MD, Chair, Columbia, SC